Playing slots may rely predominantly on luck; however, there are also solid ways of maximising your enjoyment, and possibly increasing your returns in the long run. Here we offer 10 of the best slots tips that are used by many keen players, which can be put into practice straight away.
1. Slots Lingo. Learn the terminology. Slots might be relatively straight forward and easy to play, but if you aren’t up on the lingo, you might be missing out. Two of the most important terms to be aware of are RTP and volatility/variance. RTP is the amount of money that is paid back to players over time, and volatility is the way it is theoretically paid out.
2. Paytable. Make sure to read the paytable and familiarise yourself with how all of the features work and what the symbols are worth. It can be easy to overlook this step and leap right into the action, but you will enjoy a slot more if you know exactly what is going on.
3. RTP. Checking the RTP is also another critical step. Bigger does not always mean better, some of the biggest jackpot slots out there such as Mega Moolah have relatively low RTP ratings. However, operators can raise or lower this setting, so it pays to find the best version of a slot as possible to maximise returns.
4. Free spins. There are a ton of places to play slots nowadays, and one of the best ways to check out the quality of a new online casino is via free spins and bonuses. Most operators offer some form of sweetener for new customers and these are one of the best ways to put a casino through its paces.
5. No deposit bonuses. Following on from bonuses, keep an eye out for free spins no deposit offers. Free spins are available in abundance but usually require some input from players to unlock. No deposit free spins, on the other hand, are like gold dust since there is no risk to your bankroll at all.
6. Play free games. If you’ve used your no deposit slots bonus don’t feel like you have to dive right in with real credits. Playing slots for free is the perfect way of giving them a thorough test drive to find out whether they are worthy of your hard-earned coins.
7. Read reviews. There are a lot of online casinos, and so many slots, it can be hard to know where to turn. Thankfully players can turn to the internet to get feedback from professional review sites and other players. Make use of this invaluable tool to short cut to the best slots that suit your theme preference and betting style.
8. Check the competition. Your favourite operator might be great at what they do, but are you sure that they are still outdoing the competition? It doesn’t cost anything to browse a new online casino, perhaps there are others out there that offer the same games, but are running some top bonuses to take advantage of.
9. Progressive Jackpots. If your goal is to go large and chase down life-changing sums of money, the best way to do so is via progressive jackpot slots. These potential dream makers are connected to huge networks of players with a portion of each bet feeding the pot. With so much going into the jackpot, it is no surprise to find out these jackpots regularly run into the millions.
10. Stop playing when it stops being fun. Slots are there for fun, and shouldn’t be treated as a money-making scheme. Sometimes players win, sometimes they don’t, that’s the way the reels go. Never gamble with money you can’t afford to lose, and always look for help if the good times aren’t so good anymore.