If you want to chase huge cash prizes this online casino game is your perfect match. But what are progressive jackpot slot machines and how do you win them? Our expert guide covers all you need to know. Scroll down to find out if progressive jackpot slots suit your gaming needs.
How do progressive jackpot slots work?
The gameplay of progressive jackpot slot machines is the same as a regular online slot. However, the payouts are usually much bigger. So what determines the progressive jackpot? Gamers playing at many of the best and newest casinos contribute to the prize pot every time they place a bet when hunting for the top prize. They are called progressive because they increase with each bet wagered.
How do you know how much you can win?
The on-screen meter of the jackpot shows how much the prize is growing in real-time. The longer players play without landing the main prize, the bigger it gets. Therefore, the jackpot can be huge. Also, when someone bags the main prize it resets to a large set value to ensure you still have a chance of winning a life-changing amount of money. For example, progressive jackpots usually are in excess of one million US dollars.
What’s the biggest prize?
The biggest winner took home over $6 million dollars playing Mega Moolah last year. In 2020, this progressive jackpot game paid out over $70 million. Looking for a chance to win like this? Grab a free spins bonus to play the world-famous Mega Moolah at Jackpot City for an opportunity to bag a huge cash prize today.
How do you win a progressive jackpot slot game?
Just like other online slot games after you spin, the RNG (Random Number Generator) software selects a random algorithm to determine if you win or not. Therefore, if you want to win a progressive jackpot slot game, you need lady luck to be shining on you.
There are many different ways to win a progressive jackpot. Consider these points below before you play these casino games online:
- Minimum bets. Keep in mind that you might need to place a minimum bet on your spin for a chance to win. Some progressive slots vary the amount, so check the game conditions before you play.
- Play Must-Drop Jackpots. These are great as they have to pay out within a timeframe. This means the size of the prize increases dramatically just before the deadline. Depending on the slot, you might have to line up specific symbols on the right payline to win.
- Figure out the lies from the truth on how to win when playing online slot machines. There’s a lot of misinformation out there, so check out our blog post that debunks slot machine myths before you gamble.
- Bonus games. Some of the best progressive jackpot games include a bonus round that you must win to take home the main prize. These include anything from a card game when you have to beat the dealer’s hand to a casino prize wheel. Our experts recommend you do research on the slot machine before playing for real cash.
- Try before you bet. Spin the reels of the best slot machines completely free of charge right here before you play for money. This is a great way to learn how a game works without risk.